Monday, June 23, 2008

-Moderation

Remember that Lie I said in my first blog post about posting things every week? The past several weeks I've been wanting to redesign my site, post new work, new projects, put the store back up, and reinvent my web presence all over again in one big post. Obviously not happening as planned.

Did a back drop for Circa Survive's current tour. Here it is in action via someone's Flickr.


Its a previous painting I did which you can see in the painting section. I screwed around in Photoshop and built the whole left side by cutting and pasting bits of the house for a more centered composition.
Like so.

Here's a desktop version so you can point out my weak Photoshop skills.

Realizing that consistency is the best approach to a ding dang blog, I will be posting more yet not so lengthy entries.
RIP George Carlin.
esao.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

For what its worth, I found your blog back in february when you were updating regularly, and as an artist myself I glean everything I can off of your posts! They are much appreciated. Your well-girl was my desktop wallpaper for the longest. Thanks for the inspiration.

June 24, 2008 at 10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Photoshop skills are better than mine on any day. On that note, I recently tried your Juturna painting! yayyy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljXRKfXznaw

It got kind of ruined towards the end. Sorry Esao, I'm not the best at honoring your work.

Let me just say I love your new stuff, and Virile Influenza has been my desktop for about a month now, and its still a pleasant surprise every time I minimize a window.

June 24, 2008 at 9:52 PM  
Blogger n!k said...

esao, this was such an amazing backdrop for their show. i saw them at marquee in tempe, and as soon as i walked into the stage area i was like "oh HELL YES!"

June 25, 2008 at 6:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I saw Circa Survive in April with a friend of mine--we weren't together during the show, but when Circa Survive came on and we saw the backdrop she texted me "ESAO!!!"

ps. I'm the one that asked you for ink drawings awhile ago, want to see what I ended up with?

June 30, 2008 at 1:40 AM  
Blogger Son Of God said...

Your work is simply great

January 2, 2009 at 12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your work! I found u thru circa survive. I specifically love the cover of "on letting go" it inspires me haha

February 25, 2009 at 2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home