Sunday, December 16, 2007

-Inspired Procrastination pt.1

I took on a freelance Flash job the past 2 weeks and with my show coming up I didn't get a chance to set up a post for last week. I did find some time to sit down and make this video.



A few months ago I saw this kid playing a version of Bach's "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" and was in awe. I tracked down German based musician, David Qualey who wrote the arrangement and purchased the music from him.

I made the mask a few Halloween's ago, there's a string attached to the ears, then to a nail on the wall, then hooked back over the capo and wrapped around my hand to move the ears as my hand slides up the neck. I don't really play guitar, but after practicing everyday for a month straight its the best that I could do with a mask on.

Ok, back to work.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was perfect.

December 16, 2007 at 8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent

December 17, 2007 at 12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the most amazing, interesting person I have ever come across. I actually got one of your paintings tattooed on me because your art leaves me speechless. luckily, I listen to Circa...or else i never would have found you.!

December 20, 2007 at 4:18 AM  
Blogger Scott Hessler said...

I love all of your work. It is all so amazing and inspiring. I was wondering, have you have ever designed a tattoo for someone? Would you be willing to?

December 26, 2007 at 3:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It touched my heart

January 2, 2008 at 7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was charming, Esao. Are you dressed as your dog, Soybean? Thanks for sharing the video.

January 4, 2008 at 10:24 PM  
Blogger esao said...

Thanks everyone.

Scott, I'm honored that you'd want to have something so permanent of my work, but I don't have time to do commissions for tattoo designs these days. I'm sorry.

Yeah Sarah, I was Soybean for Halloween in 2005.

January 5, 2008 at 12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my that was so great! i really put a smile of my face. for someone who learned to play in a month thats amazing. thank you for that, it made my morning lol

January 5, 2008 at 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, that was awesome. I kept not watching the video every time I came to your page because I had no idea what was going on..with the dog head and all lol. You learned well for a month (: That gives me hope to learn. I am also planning on getting a tattoo of your artwork, and I luckily found you through Circa Survive too. I'm really glad that I did. I hope you have an amazing show Saturday. I plan to visit new york someday, hopefully to see your art work. You inspire me to believe that I can be an artist. Thank You.

-Stephanie

January 12, 2008 at 4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're such a talented artist. You truly inspire!!!

January 30, 2008 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger molly said...

i love this video. really adorable. and i completely dig your work so so so much. i found out about your work from a friend's blog and had to write about you myself. keep on procrastinating

May 11, 2008 at 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home